Our unwavering goal is to bring you a best-in-class insurance through risk advisory, execution and claims.
We take a strategic and goal-orientated approach to everything we do. Our team works globally, accessing the world’s leading insurance markets to deliver our clients strong solutions, whichever direction the market is moving.
- We understand your risk profile to ensure you purchase only the cover you need, removing unnecessary and costly extensions
- We look critically and creatively at every aspect of the insurance process to achieve better results year after year
- We are a leading marine specialist broker, our relationships with marine insurers set us apart from peers
- Our claims consulting and service team is an embedded function that sits alongside the placing teams, enabling the best possible outcome for clients’ claims
Breadth. Depth. Flexibility
Our marine division brings together over 300+ marine specialists and 40 dedicated claims professionals in one global team, giving us the breadth of knowledge and depth of experience to cover the full spectrum of marine risks for clients around the world.
Headquartered in London, with a significant presence in Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East, we work as a single division in close cooperation with our network of international partners, specialising in the placement of risks in the most appropriate global market.
Where specialism meets scale
We are strategically structured to bring you the best of both worlds. Because we’re part of Howden, you benefit from all the advantages that come from working with a large international broker, but because we operate as a single team with a single P&L, we have preserved the boutique spirit of a specialty broker that places you and your exact risk management needs at centre of our marine offering.
- A global team, ready to create solutions for large and complex clients
- Global Market Leverage – we have relationships with all major insurance markets via our hub offices in London, Europe , Bermuda, Singapore and Dubai
- Actuarial capability
- Large team of market facing brokers
- 300+ marine specialists with in-depth sector knowledge
- A proactive and responsive service, co-ordinated by a core team of senior brokers
- Close relationships with underwriters that enables robust negotiation on your behalf
- Capability to design, develop and deliver insurtech solutions in-house, allowing us to use technology as a gateway to new market sectors
- Employee ownership structure that fosters innovation and collaboration
Recovering claims is paramount. Lean on us.
Right from the inception of the policy, every aspect of the wording and service is built to respond properly in a claim. A large claim will probably feel like a vulnerable moment for your business. We’re here to get you through it.
Our Claims team have collected claims in excess of GBP £458m over the past five years.
We have 40 claims brokers in the team, sitting side-by-side with the account executives and broking/technical teams.
Their longstanding experience and combined knowledge covers every aspect of the marine sector – you name it, we’ve settled it.
We are particularly active in the following areas of marine:
- Offshore Supply Vessels & Workboats
- Bluewater Operators
- Port Authorities, Terminals & Logistics
- Inland River Tug & Barge
- Dredging / Wet Construction Companies
- Contractors, including Oilfield Services, Liftboat Operators
- Offshore Drilling & Subsea / Diving Operations
- Commercial Fishing Operations
- Vessel & Offshore Construction
Need to make a claim?
Visit our claims page for more information