Essential support for your employees when they’re unwell
Critical illness cover provides your employees with a tax-free cash lump sum if they are diagnosed with a specified serious illness or condition.*
For example, a heart attack, cancer, stroke, or multiple sclerosis. This can happen to anyone, at any age, often unexpectedly. Your employees will be reassured knowing that, should a life changing diagnosis be given, they will receive a tax-free lump sum which they can spend however they choose.
Policies aim to pay out a tax-free lump sum within a month of the diagnosis for most conditions, so employees and their families receive help when they need it most.
Providing your employees with cover from a Group Critical Illness policy will give them the peace of mind that they will have a financial cushion in the event of a critical illness and demonstrate that their employer is committed to supporting them during difficult times.
Benefits for your business
- Demonstrates your duty of care as an employer and a supportive approach to employees’ health and wellbeing.
- Can help with improved employee engagement and productivity.
- Supports talent retention and recruitment in a competitive employment market.
Benefits for your people
- Provides peace of mind for employees knowing that they will receive financial support should they be diagnosed with a critical illness.
- Once a claim is accepted, the benefit is paid directly to the employee who receives a tax-free payment.
- Many policies include added value features such as Employee Assistance Programmes or wellbeing apps which can offer support and advice to employees. And where appropriate, can help in the process of returning to work.
Expert guidance and support
If you're considering critical illness cover for the first time or looking to review the benefits you have in place, our team of expert consultants can help you navigate the complex landscape of employee benefits. With years of experience in the field, they provide independent and impartial advice tailored to the unique needs of your business, your valued employees, and your budget.
You can rest assured that when you work with us, you'll be in good hands every step of the way. We're dedicated to helping businesses like yours make informed decisions that enhance both your employees' wellbeing and your organisation's success.
We're always here to help
*Subject to the policy terms and conditions.
Group Life Insurance
Group life insurance is widely known as ‘Death in Service’ and is one of the most highly-valued employee benefits that you can offer employees. It enables employers to provide a lump sum payment to an employee’s family, children or any chosen beneficiaries if the employee dies.
Group Income Protection
Group income protection provides financial support for employees who are unable to work because of a long-term illness or injury. Group income protection insurance covers an employee’s salary while they take time off and it can provide access to rehabilitation specialists to help them recover and return to work as quickly as possible.