Cyber Risk insurance
It is regularly noted that data has now replaced oil as the world’s most valuable resource. Individuals and companies of all sizes, in every industry, are increasingly relying on technology and data in some way or another, facing a range of cyber risks that can’t be ignored.
From targeted ransomware and hacking, to phishing, malware, email compromise, fraud, data breaches, social engineering and employee error, the threat landscape continues growing in size and complexity. Having the support of a specialist insurance broker will help you to identify the risks that are unique to your business.
We take an integrated, holistic approach when defining our clients’ business risks, providing the most effective Cyber Insurance solutions to help protect your company.
We’re here to make it easy for you
A cyber breach can affect your ability to operate, cost millions, and damage your long-term reputation. A solid Cyber Insurance policy is designed to minimise and mitigate these risks, typically covering:
- Information Security and Privacy Liability
- Multimedia Liability
- Cyber terrorism and extortion
- Incident response support to include IT forensics, Legal and PR services.
- Digital and data asset loss, including the cost of repair, restoration or replacement
- Business interruption cover, providing protection for income
- Defence costs, civil fines and penalties, where insurable by law
Taking steps to manage your risk
As a trusted adviser, Howden understands that good risk management goes beyond securing a Cyber Insurance policy. We also help our clients to develop their risk management procedures by providing regular advice and recommendations.
The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) has worked with leading industry partners to release a number of free online training tools for businesses:
- Having plans in place should things go wrong: test and practice your business cyber incident response using the ‘Exercise in a box’ tool.
- Reducing cyber incidents caused by employee behaviours: educate your employees using the ‘Top Tips For Staff’ training tool.
- Managing third party cyber security risk: set out security measures for suppliers and partners, and train your employees in procurement roles on how best to protect commercially sensitive information using this online course
- We have created this simple guide to help demystify some of the key elements of cyber risk and the steps you can take to protect your business.
How can Howden Help?
Here at Howden we aim to support you in your cyber journey by ensuring that you have the knowledge and tools to achieve business resilience, leveraging our strong insurer partnerships to negotiate the most appropriate deals on your behalf.
We make sure that you know how your insurance policy can respond to a cyber incident, and have a strong, experienced claims handling team to support you during the claims process, should an incident occur.
Safeguard your business
Retail Broking Team of the Year for Cyber Risk
2020 Cyber Risk Awards Winner
Kathryn is responsible for Howden’s cyber offering, working with a number of businesses to manage cyber risk and implement the right risk transfer solutions. Kathryn is an ACII qualified Chartered Insurance Broker - and with over 10 years’ experience in the industry, there isn’t much she hasn’t seen.