Mitigating cyber risks
Cyber security is the practice of defending computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks, and data from malicious attacks. It’s also known as information technology security or electronic information security.
With smartphones, computers and the internet now such a fundamental part of modern life, it’s more important than ever to take steps that can prevent cyber criminals getting hold of accounts information, data, and technology.
With cybercrime expected to cost the world $10.5 trillion by the end of 2025 (Cybercrime Magazine, 2020), cyber security should be a priority for the majority of businesses.
Who’s it for?
Cyber security risk management is essential for businesses that:
- Are reliant on technology to conduct business.
- Are subject to a payment card industry (PCI) merchant services agreement.
- Electronically store business-critical data.
- Have a website.
- Have an online bank account.
- Hold personal data (such as names, addresses, and banking information).
Why implement it?
- Protection for your business – cyber security solutions provide digital protection to your business that will ensure your employees aren’t at risk from potential threats such as ransomware.
- Increased productivity – viruses can slow down systems and computers, making work practically impossible in some cases.
- Improve client confidence – reduce the risk of reputational damage and reassure clients that their personal data will be protected.
- Attract new business – good risk management practices may attract new clients. For some contracts, only those that can demonstrate strong cyber security systems may tender for the business.
- Legal action – cyber security can help prevent data breaches and subsequent legal action and penalties.
Getting cyber security and information protection right can be a challenge for all companies, no matter their size.
Full details on our solutions will be coming soon but these will include:
- Cyber Insurance
- Information Security & Cyber Audit and Consultancy
- Online Reputation Protection
- Penetration Testing