Offering support to your employees when they are ill or injured can make a world of difference to their recovery
Group income protection provides financial support for employees who are unable to work because of a long-term illness or injury. Group income protection insurance covers an employee’s salary while they take time off and it can provide access to rehabilitation specialists to help them recover and return to work as quickly as possible.
Although state benefits can help, they typically only pay a small portion compared to an average salary. Group income protection is a highly valued benefit that can help alleviate money worries so that unwell employees can focus on their return to health. It can also help to attract and retain employees.
Benefits for your business
- A highly valued employee benefit which can help to attract and retain talent within your business.
- Save on sick pay costs and time spent managing absence.
- Supports early intervention and prevention of employee health & wellbeing issues, which can help to reduce the risk of long-term absence
- Tax efficient as premiums are not normally taxed as a benefit in kind for employees.
- Demonstrates your duty of care as an employer and can be a valuable tool in helping to create a workplace culture that promotes health & wellbeing
Benefits for your people
- Peace of mind for employees – helps protect their finances should they be unable to work.
- Access to rehabilitation experts and support, to get them back to their best
- Personalised pathways can help employees return to work and minimise the amount of time they are absent
- Wellbeing support to detect and prevent illness before becoming serious.
If you're considering Group Income Protection for the first time or looking to review the benefits you have in place, our team of expert award-winning consultants can help you. They provide independent and impartial advice based on the needs of your business, people and budget. You can rest assured you'll be in good hands.
We're always here to help
Group Life Insurance
Group life insurance is widely known as ‘Death in Service’ and is one of the most highly-valued employee benefits that you can offer employees. It enables employers to provide a lump sum payment to an employee’s family, children or any chosen beneficiaries if the employee dies.
Group Critical Illness Cover
Critical illness cover provides your employees with a tax-free cash lump sum if they are diagnosed with a specified serious illness or condition (subject to the policy terms and conditions).
For example, a heart attack, cancer, stroke, or multiple sclerosis. This can happen to anyone, at any age, often unexpectedly. Your employees will be reassured knowing that, should a life changing diagnosis be given, they will receive a tax-free lump sum which they can spend however they choose.