Experts within the legal sector
There are many reasons why the legal sector is recognised as one of the most interesting and exciting places to work, including:
- Good career opportunities
- Financial reward and earning potential
- varied work; and
- the ability to make a genuine difference to people’s lives
But it’s a sector that’s not without challenges. Long hours, demanding workloads, addressing work/life balance needs and navigating the new working environment are issues regularly cited by firms. This is where a comprehensive employee benefits & wellbeing strategy can help.
What are law firms most worried about when it comes to looking after their people?
We have partnered with People in Law to conduct extensive research amongst law firms to understand their top HR, benefit and wellbeing concerns and priorities as well as benchmarking the benefits firms offer:
The findings reveal that:
- Firms are focused on improving and supporting mental health at work. They see this as their biggest wellbeing priority
- The war for talent continues and firms are looking to provide comprehensive employee benefits, a supportive culture and great employee experience so that they stand out as an employer of choice for top talent
- Larger law firms plan to review their employee benefits and wellbeing strategies to ensure that they continue to meet the needs of the firm and its people
- More firms are introducing flexible benefits technology and increasing their benefits communications so that their people are well engaged and appreciate the reward and employee benefits package available Better communication of benefits to boost employee engagement and understanding of what’s offered
- HR policies and benefits are changing to reflect more flexible working patterns and to address gender specific health needs
Employee Benefits & Wellbeing in the Legal Sector
Our latest research, in partnership with People in Law, reveals the top HR, employee benefit & wellbeing challenges and priorities for Law firms.
How can we help?
Howden have long been recognised as experts within the legal sector and our award winning employee benefits team are no exception. Over 750 law firms already choose Howden to advise them and we’re proud to be a trusted partner to the sector.
Together, we can:
Review your existing employee benefits. Are they still fit for purpose? Do they provide the support your people need in the ‘new normal’?
- Assess if you’re getting the maximum value from your benefits? Are you making the most of what you offer?
- Find the right health & wellbeing solutions to help keep your people fit and healthy and give them peace of mind that health advice and treatment is quickly on hand when they need it most.
- Help you to identify, understand and manage People Risk within your firm.
- Understand how your benefits stack up against your competition and how they can help to ensure you stand out as an employer of choice.
- Understand your firm’s and peoples’ specific wellbeing needs and recommend an actionable plan to address them.
- Improve your communications. Your employees are less likely to understand or fully appreciate what you offer them without regular and engaging communications. We’ll help you spread the word through a range of channels so they can access the information they need, when and where they need it.
- Give your people more choice over their benefits, so they can tailor their benefits around the needs of their family and lifestyle.
- Support employees’ financial wellbeing so they can take control of their money and better prepare for retirement.
Ready when you are
James Clowser - Manager of Group Risk Corporate Consulting
James has worked in the Health & Protection industry for over 15 years. Prior to joining Howden Employee Benefits & Wellbeing he worked at leading actuarial companies gaining a good base to his knowledge on insured benefits as well as gaining experience of defined benefit pension schemes. James currently advises companies of various sizes, primarily in the Legal Sector, on their entire wellbeing package as well as the design of their insurance policies and making sure they run smoothly.