Employee Benefits for Asset Managers
Employee benefits & wellbeing matter in the world of Asset Management. Here’s why.
Assessing the most appropriate and impactful employee benefits can be a challenge in any industry, but for asset management firms the environment is especially complex.
The industry is changing rapidly, driven by new technology, market volatility, regulatory complexity and shifting social trends.
And the post-pandemic landscape has created additional challenges with respect of flexible working and employees’ changing expectations. More are looking to their employer to play an active role in proactively supporting their health and wellbeing.
Those who work in the sector are often highly paid in comparison to many other professions but they often have to cope with high levels of stress in a pressurised environment in which burnout, lack of sleep and illness are all potential hazards.
Choosing the right benefit strategy for your employees is therefore crucial – and our expert team are well placed to help you.
How can employee benefits help you win the war for talent?
An attractive salary package is only one way to bring talent into the business, but in this competitive sector, salary on its own is no longer enough.
Employees are looking at the overall experience of working for a firm, above and beyond what they will earn. Many want and expect increased flexibility, a great benefits package, clear opportunities for career development and an employer who will play a positive role in supporting their overall health and wellbeing.
They want to work for firms that offer a culture that fosters and nurtures a motivated and high-performing workforce. This is especially important when it comes to recruiting and retaining top talent; vital to a firm’s success.
A Workplace Culture report from LinkedIn has suggested that 86% of Millennials would take a pay cut in order to work at a company whose values are in tune with their own1. Research by MetLife2 revealed that 71% of employees felt companies needed to play a greater role in their overall welfare, wellbeing and happiness.
Mental health, Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) are all high on employees’ agenda, so Asset Management firms that want to win the war for talent will need to offer benefits & wellbeing packages that meet employees’ evolving needs.
Award-winning expertise built upon sector insights
Our specialist division looks after all aspects of employee benefits and wellbeing for over 250 Asset Management firms. Our role is to:
- understand where you are today and where you want to get to
- help you align your benefits strategy with your firm’s wider business strategy
- understand your goals and aspirations in looking after the health and wellbeing of your people
- help you maximise your investment into employee benefits with a well-designed, carefully executed and communicated benefits strategy.
Our range of employee benefit and wellbeing consultancy services include:
- Employee benefits & Wellbeing strategy design, implementation and management – we’ll help you understand your workforce needs and put the right benefits & strategy in place to support them.
- Data analysis and benchmarking – putting your data to good use and enabling to see how you compare to the competition.
- Insurance policy broking – we’ll review and manage your benefits to ensure that they remain relevant, fit for purpose and deliver best value to you and your people.
- Pensions & financial wellbeing - from scheme governance to ESG funds, and financial education programmes, our experts can help you to ensure that your people are in control of their financial future.
- Flexible benefits – together we can bring market-leading technology to your people to give them a more personalised benefits experience and greater choice.
- Benefit communication programmes – we’ll help you to make sure that your benefits aren’t your best kept secret with multichannel communications, so your people can realise the true value of the benefits you offer them.
- Launch – our specialist services for start-up Asset Managers.
Contact us today to find out how we can help your firm
Specialist wellbeing services for Asset Managers
As specialists in the Asset Management sector we have surveyed the market to fully understand the benefits currently provided as well as the areas where firms are concerned for the future. The findings reveal that Asset Management firms offer a comprehensive range of highly valued benefits to those working within the sector.
What is clear however is that there is now an increased focus on employee wellbeing, with many firms now wanting to put a formal wellbeing strategy in place. The research shows that mental health is topping the wellbeing agenda.
Interestingly, while mental health remains a worry for firms, many employers don’t have benefits in place which enable employees to take preventative measures to look after their mental wellbeing. Instead the focus is on benefits that kick in once an employee is unwell and requires professional intervention and care.
An effective wellbeing strategy will help identify these risks and ascertain what support is already available or needs to be added to provide resource to the areas the employer is most concerned with.
When it comes to wellbeing, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach. Our advice will enable you to support your employees, wherever their personal health and wellbeing goals. Speak to a member of the team today to see how we can help you boost your workplace wellbeing.