The ‘hard market’ conditions of recent years has meant solicitor firms have generally experienced higher premiums and limited options when renewing their PII. Using our strong relationships and leverage with insurers, we have been able to secure the first meaningful new capacity which has been absent from the market over this time.
Howden’s exclusive Professional Indemnity Insurance facility for solicitors
Our new solicitors' PII facility is available exclusively through Howden and builds on our already impressive market access, with one of the widest selections of insurance providers accessible through a single broker.
PII facility summary:
- Available to 1 – 10 partner size firms (with flexibility to accommodate larger firms)
- Underwritten by ‘A’ rated insurers - this rating indicates financial strength and an excellent ability to pay claims.
- No restriction on levels of conveyancing work undertaken
If you are renewing in October, why not get in touch with us to obtain a comparative quotation?
Howden’s Solicitors' team is made up of 30 dedicated law firm PII specialists and is trusted by more than 2,000* law firm clients to place insurance on their behalf - ranging from sole practitioners to firms featuring in The Lawyer UK’s Top 100, Top 50 and Top 20.
Why choose Howden?
- 30+ legal PII specialists
- More choice: we have superior market access to the widest range of A-rated participating insurers
- Exclusive facilities and rates only available through Howden
- Presence in all UK regions, so we can visit all our clients in person
- Deep experience handling non-standard insurance arrangements, including Deductible Infill polices and Excess Layer Coverage
- We have one of the largest in-house specialist PII claims teams in the industry
- Low excesses and extended policy periods available
- Proven ability in handling global programmes
- We keep you regularly updated with industry intelligence
- Strong experience in other associated risk categories: Directors’ & Officers’ Liability, Cyber
- Liability, Office Combined and Employee Health & Wellbeing.
We have one of the largest in-house PII claims teams in the UK
We have 30 PII claims specialists: six of them handle solicitors’ PI claims
exclusively. They enjoy excellent relationships with panel firms and insurers’
We monitor cases as they develop, negotiating on reserve movements and
settlement proposals, defending your interests at every turn. We’re always
there to “fight your corner,” in the unfortunate event of a policy dispute.
Contact the team today
The team would be delighted to provide you with further information about this new facility and access to a new quotation which is only available via Howden.
*Figure taken from Howden’s client data and correct as of July 2023.