Domiciliary care insurance

Domiciliary care agencies need the reassurance of a comprehensive insurance package with the right balance between price and protection. We recognise that cost is a key concern, so we try to make our products as economical as possible without ever compromising on cover. 


Choosing a specialist broker can prevent you getting caught short. Howden has 20 years' experience helping home care agencies, so let us help you focus on caring.


An infographic showing what's covered with Howden UK's Home / Domiciliary Care Care Insurance


Request a home care quote

A domiciliary care risk specialist will get back to you

  • 1
    Care home details
  • 2
    Contact details
  • 3
Claims in the last 5 years?

More than insurance, we can help your business thrive

  • globe icon

    Legal Support

    24 hour care-specific legal helpline, providing advice on care regulation and employee-related issues as well as general business legal advice

  • Opening hours icon

    24 hour stress helpline

    A 24 hour stress helpline, giving your employees access to expert help to cope with the stress that sometimes comes with the job

  • Scrutinising the contract icon large

    HR document service

    An online, care-specific HR document service to ensure all documents are up to date

A group of smiling older people sit around a table, as two of them high five

Join more than 18,000 care businesses benefiting from best-in-class protection

Tick one thing off your to-do list. Get a custom quote based on your needs from our care insurance experts.

Request a quote

Domiciliary care insurance policy highlights


1. Broad cover for your everyday risks

A comprehensive suite of the covers care homes need most.

2. Defined abuse wording

Crystal clear definitions of abuse to eliminate ambiguity over your cover.

3. Flexible where you need it

We can look to tailor the policy limits to meet your needs.

4. Care combined policy

Howden's exclusive package of insurance covers the majority of your care risks under one umbrella policy to make life easier.

Care insurance contracts can be complicated - we'll give you all the support you need to make things clear and straightforward. 

Ask a specialist

We're here to help you

Let's talk...

(0)117 911 6702

We'll put you in touch with the person best equipped to help.

Got a question or query? Give us a few details in the box below and we'll get back to you. 

James Chambers

James helps care homes, domiciliary care agencies and supported living businesses find the insurance they need. He enjoys keeping the process as simple as possible for his clients.

Contact the care team