Solicitors Professional Indemnity Insurance
Howden’s legal Professional Indemnity specialists bring you more than 250 years’ combined experience in the legal sector. We place £45m+ annual premium on behalf of around 650 legal practices, ranging from sole traders to Top 100 firms.
We have a 90 % client retention rate, which we attribute to our focus on customer service.
Our expertise covers the entire spectrum of legal disciplines, and the full range of company structures including Partnerships, LLPs, Limited Companies and Alternative Business Structures.
Why legal services firms choose Howden
- 25+ legal Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) specialists
- More choice: we have superior market access to the widest range of A-rated participating insurers
- Exclusive facilities and rates only available through Howden
- Presence in all UK regions, so we can visit all our clients in person
- Deep experience handling non-standard insurance arrangements, from Deductible Infill polices and Excess Layer Coverage
- We have the largest in-house specialist PII claims team in the industry
- Low excesses and extended policy periods available
- Proven ability in handling global programmes
- We keep you regularly updated with industry intelligence
- Strong experience in other associated risk categories: Directors’ & Officers’ Liability, Cyber Liability, Office Combined and Employee Health & Wellbeing.
Our significant footprint in the market puts us – and our clients – in a strong negotiating position with insurers
Impressive market access
We offer you one of the widest selections of insurance providers accessible through a single broker. Our strong relationships with the vast majority of quality participating insurers mean you get the benefits of shopping around, without the legwork.
A selection of our insurer partners
We have the largest in-house PII claims team in the UK
We have 30 PII claims specialists: six of them handle solicitors’ claims exclusively. They enjoy excellent relationships with panel firms and insurers’ claims departments. We monitor cases as they develop, negotiating on reserve movements and settlement proposals, defending your interests at every turn. We’re always there to “fight your corner,” in the unfortunate event of a policy dispute.
Our services prove effective for practices with an annual fee income of £150,000 or greater.
Below this level, we suggest referring to the Law Society for further guidance.
We’re here to make it easy for you
We are able to quote from the same proposal form you completed for your existing provider
What our legal clients say about us
Three things distinguish the Howden Professional Indemnity claims handling team from the competition; firstly, their knowledge – these are genuine specialists with a complete understanding of the challenges facing their clients and the environment in which they operate. Secondly, their skill in dealing with difficult situations - whether it be in relation to coverage or otherwise, they know their business and the market respects them for that. The third is perhaps the most significant - they care about protecting their insureds’ interests and getting the best results out of a claim. How a claim is handled is the best form of advertisement for a broker and that is why so many businesses have remained with them year on year.
When renewing our firm’s PII there is no other broker that I would choose to work with. Having worked with Howden for several years, I have always been more than happy with the service that they provide. Thanks to Howden the stress of renewals season has been greatly reduced and I look forward to working with them for the long term future.
John has been a broker for over 30 years, specialising in helping UK solicitors find the insurance they need. His team works with law firms large and small to ensure that they are covered for every eventuality.