Accountants Professional Indemnity Insurance
1 in 3 of the UK’s top 100 accountancy practices trust Howden. With 25 years’ experience providing Professional Indemnity Insurance broking services to accountants, we offer tailored risk management and support on every aspect of your insurance needs.
Working with some of the largest global firms as well as niche practices means we have experienced most of the insurance challenges that can arise.
Howden’s Professional Indemnity team places over £160m of premium into the PII markets each year. This gives us significant negotiating power to achieve the results you need.
Deep insight and understanding of the professional risks experienced by accountants, combined with our strong insurer relationships, enables us to negotiate our own policy wordings, which far exceed the cover recommended by the ICAEW minimum terms.
Why do accountants choose Howden?
- Cover that exceeds ICAEW requirements
- We currently act for a third of the UK’s top 100 accountancy practices
- Dedicated and experienced claims handlers to negotiate the best achievable outcome for you
- Benchmarking data to enable you to compare your insurance cover with your peers’
- Proven ability to arrange global insurance programmes
- Risk management expertise to complement your own control infrastructure
- Proactive reporting on claims trends and insurers’ views enables you to make informed decisions on future business models
- Assistance with presentations to all staff and fee earners on risk assessment and management
- Proven ability to advise on and place complimentary insurances, including Directors’ and Officers’, Fidelity and Cyber.
Excelling on claims advocacy and support
We have the largest in-house claims team in the PII market, with 30 advocates on hand to guide, manage and advise on notifications and claims.
Much more than insurance
We can provide added value services such as free 24/7 legal advice lines and mental health helplines for you and your staff.
Paul Gillett - SME practices
Paul has 20 years’ experience securing Professional Indemnity insurance for his clients. He and his team support financial and construction professionals with insurance, risk mitigation, and claims management.