Surveyors Professional Indemnity
Howden's specialist Property and Construction team brings you over 200 years’ combined industry experience, placing over £30m’ annual premium on behalf of construction consultants, surveyors and property businesses.
We serve the full range of surveying firms from sole trader building surveyors through to estate agents, quantity surveyors, valuation surveyors and panel managers.
We are able to assist with all your insurance needs, including:
- Professional Indemnity
- Employers & Public Liability
- Directors' & Officers'
Why do surveyors choose Howden?
Policy coverage wider than RICS minimum terms
RICS mandates their members to acquire Professional Indemnity insurance that meet to the RICS minimum terms. Howden has negotiated a tailored policy wording that protects beyond the RICS minimum terms, providing our clients with enhanced cover in a number of areas. Because ‘compliant’ doesn’t always mean ‘comprehensive.’
We cover for all surveying work, including mortgage valuations and higher risk work.
Consistently high standards of value-added service
- Appointment and other contractual documentation review service.
- Risk management advice, based on the latest thinking and claims insights
- Commitment to providing proactive guidance to the industry via regular newsletters, seminars, discussion forums and CPD sessions
- Advice on managing insurance during mergers and acquisitions
- Guidance on captive management
- Proven ability to manage complex, global insurance programmes.
We have one of the most experienced and effective claims teams in the market
Our in-house claims department is an integral part of our PII team. Our 30 claims experts have successfully managed numerous multi-million-pound claims on behalf of surveyors.
Day to day claims support we offer you includes:
- Providing guidance on the notification process and assisting with the preparation of notification to insurers
- Assistance on draft responses to claimants
- Ensuring that, where possible, your preferred law firms are used
- Overseeing the management of legal costs and helping ensure that insurers' reserving policies are applied in a commercial manner
- Attending mediations to ensure that any settlement reached is in your best interest
- We represent our clients’ interests with a commercial mindset
Our employee ownership model drives our culture, motivating delivery of consistently high standards of service, proven by the number of long standing clients who rely on Howden
Premiums from £236 + IPT
Paul Gillett - SME practices
Paul has 20 years’ experience securing Professional Indemnity insurance for his clients. He and his team support financial and construction professionals with insurance, risk mitigation, and claims management.
Greg Harrison - Larger practices
Greg is an expert in Professional Indemnity for property and construction professionals. He works with clients from across the sector, including engineers, surveyors, and architects. If you have any questions about PI – or any other insurance that affects the property and construction industry – just drop him a line.