Actuaries and Pension Administrators
For Actuaries and Pension Administrators, the Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) market is extremely limited. Very few insurers have an appetite for the risk, which makes achieving competitive premiums and quality cover challenging.
Howden are uniquely positioned to bring you a wealth of experience in this area: we have been placing and managing the actuarial risks for over 20 years. We represent firms of all sizes, from sole practitioners to Top 10 multi-office Actuarial practices. Currently, we place over £1m’ annual premium from actuarial and pension administrators, a significant imprint in such a small market.
We have in-depth experience of the challenges facing your profession and strong relationships with the few insurers operating in the market.
Howden’s Professional Indemnity team places over £160m of premium into the PII markets each year. This gives us significant negotiating power to achieve the results you need.
Why do Actuaries and Pension Administrators choose Howden?
- We place over £1 million premium into the PII market for the profession
- Exclusive policy wordings with two leading insurers
- “Any one claim” policy cover and a policy excess not applicable to defence costs
- Benchmarking capability: to assess premium rates across your sector
- Assistance with presentations to staff and fee earners on risk assessment and management
- Dedicated claims team with knowledge and experience of managing the complex claims often experienced within actuarial work
- Strong relationships with the industry specialists within the legal profession
- Proven ability to advise on and place complimentary insurances, including Directors’ & Officers and Cyber Liability
Paul has 20 years’ experience securing Professional Indemnity insurance for his clients. He and his team support financial and construction professionals with insurance, risk mitigation, and claims management.