Tailored insurance designed to protect complementary therapists
Professional Indemnity insurance is crucial for Therapists as it provides coverage for a range of potential risks, including civil liability, legal defense costs, non-payment of fees, and protection against dishonesty. It also offers coverage for complaints to professional bodies and disciplinary hearings.
In the dynamic field of complementary therapy, practitioners may face various challenges, from client claims and legal disputes to issues related to confidentiality and professional conduct. Having a robust insurance policy in place provides a safety net, ensuring that therapists can carry out their work with confidence, knowing they are protected against unforeseen circumstances.
- Flexible limits of indemnity - We offer limits of £1.5 million, £3 million, or £5 million, together with a standard Public Liability element of £10 million.
- Full Civil Liability cover
- 72 month run-off provision- We provide free coverage after policy expiration, in line with The Limitation Acts, to give you flexibility if you take a break, go on maternity leave, change career, or retire.
- Protection against dishonesty
- Confidential information cover - Our policy offers up to £5000 cover for this.
- Cover for complaints to your professional body and disciplinary hearings
- Legal defence costs – we cover legal defence on a “costs in addition” basis, which protects you in the event of a case dragging on and costs mounting up. This means the legal fees are separated from your policy limit. So if your policy limit is £1.5 million, all of those funds are earmarked to pay for damages and settlements.
- Non-payment of fees cover
- Directors’ and Officers’ protection - Senior staff can claim up to £80,000 in protection against claims of negligence, to cover defence costs and damages.
Premiums are calculated to reflect the level of risk associated with each therapy
|Category A||Category B||Category C|
We can also arrange the following additional covers:
- Cyber Insurance
- Directors' & Officers' Liability / Trustee Liability
- Office & Contents Insurance
- Employers Liability Insurance
- Home Insurance for working from home
Find out more
Covid-19 and your Howden Professional Liability policy
With Howden as your insurance broker, provided you follow Government and professional association guidelines, your policy with Howden will continue to provide liability cover and does not exclude claims against you arising from coronavirus.
A policy with Howden also does not dictate through which medium you work. You can therefore work face to face (subject to government guidelines), or by remote means, which can include; telephone, email, skype, zoom, FaceTime, WhatsApp etc.
Please ensure that whatever method you use is secure and confidential.
Managing your Insurance online
The HowdenPro portal provides a safe and user-friendly way of managing your insurance online, allowing you to: pay, renew and manage your insurance & policy documentation. You will need your user ID and password to access the portal, please contact us if you have lost these details.