Insurance for Complementary Therapists
Find out more
Hands-on help when you need it
We don't just sell insurance: we pride ourselves on our proactive approach to your problems. You benefit from our experience to ameliorate the situation when you need it most.
Howden policy highlights
- Flexible limits of indemnity - We offer limits of £1.5 million, £3 million, or £5 million, together with a standard Public Liability element of £10 million.
- Full Civil Liability cover
- 72 month run-off provision- We provide free coverage after policy expiration, in line with The Limitation Acts, to give you flexibility if you take a break, go on maternity leave, change career, or retire.
- Protection against dishonesty
- Confidential information cover - Our policy offers up to £5000 cover for this.
- Cover for complaints to your professional body and disciplinary hearings
- Legal defence costs – we cover legal defence on a “costs in addition” basis, which protects you in the event of a case dragging on and costs mounting up. This means the legal fees are separated from your policy limit. So if your policy limit is £1.5 million, all of those funds are earmarked to pay for damages and settlements.
- Non-payment of fees cover
- Directors’ and Officers’ protection - Senior staff can claim up to £80,000 in protection against claims of negligence, to cover defence costs and damages.
Cover for the following can also be provided:
- Cyber Insurance
- Directors' & Officers' Liability / Trustee Liability
- Office & Contents Insurance
- Employers Liability Insurance
- Home Insurance for working from home
Premiums are calculated to reflect the level of risk associated with each therapy
- Indian Head Massage
- Bach Flower Remedies
- Electro Stimulation Therapy
- Floatation Tank Therapy
- Hopi Ear Candles
- Laser Therapy
Covid-19 and your Howden Professional Liability insurance policy
With Howden as your insurance broker, provided you follow Government and professional association guidelines, your policy with Howden will continue to provide liability cover and does not exclude claims against you arising from coronavirus.
A policy with Howden also does not dictate through which medium you work. You can therefore work face to face (subject to government guidelines), or by remote means, which can include; telephone, email, skype, zoom, FaceTime, WhatsApp etc.
Please ensure that whatever method you use is secure and confidential.
Manage your Insurance online
The HowdenPro portal provides a safe and user-friendly way of managing your insurance online, allowing you to: pay, renew and manage your insurance & policy documentation. You will need your user ID and password to access the portal, please contact us if you have lost these details.