Peace of mind, for a wide range of exposures
Your livestock are a vital part of your agricultural business. As such, you want to be confident they are properly insured against a variety of perils which can affect them, be it fire, lightning, electrocution, impact by vehicle, fatal injury off your premises (“straying” cover) or whilst in transit.
We understand the importance of making sure your cover for these animals is the right cover, and we have many years experience in providing livestock insurance solutions to smallholders and farmers. Additionally, there are some important add-ons to consider, which we will be happy to discuss with you:
- Sheep worrying – there continues to be a significant risk of sheep worrying. Uncontrolled dogs can cause significant damage to a flock in a very short period.
- Theft – a problem in many areas, particularly due to recent increased values of livestock.
- Full mortality (specified livestock) – any particularly valuable animals should be insured on a full mortality and loss of use basis.
- Bulls fertility guarantee – if you are selling pedigree bulls cover can be provided for the vendors guarantee.
- Working dogs – if the business has working dogs these should be specified on your insurance schedule, otherwise insurers will impose an upper value limit which may be inadequate.
- Livestock belonging to third parties – any livestock on your premises that belong to someone else will not be covered unless specifically noted on your policy.
- Livestock sum insured – this should represent the maximum value of livestock at risk.
Please note: Livestock insurance and liability for livestock is only available as part of a smallholder insurance package.
Who is the cover with?
Howden secures cover with AA-rated insurers with deep expertise in agricultural insurance. These insurers may be in local markets and the specialty markets of Lloyds of London in the UK. All the insurers we use are well respected, have extremely stable finances and will be viable long term.
What happens in a claim?
Let us know the details and we will help you present your claim to the insurance company.
Our claims advisory service is second to none.