Financial Advisers and Mortgage Brokers
Howden are entrusted with placing over one-third of the total market for the financial services sector’s Professional Indemnity Insurance. We represent one-third of the Top 100 Financial Advisors. With 25 years’ experience, we are highly respected in the PII markets, which affords our clients certain advantages.
Howden’s Professional Indemnity team places over £160m of premium into the PII markets each year. This gives us significant negotiating power to achieve the results you need.
Many of our financial team have in excess of 25 years’ experience working with financial advisory firms, networks and consultants.
During that time, we’ve experienced most things: regulatory change, economic crises and fluctuating market conditions. Therefore, we can give balanced advice and agile solutions for most eventualities.
Why do financial advisors choose Howden?
- We currently act for around 40% of independent financial advisory firms in the UK
- Tailored policy wordings that offer some of the broadest – therefore safest - cover in the market
- Specialist claims advocacy from dedicated handlers who know the financial services sector inside out
- 20,000 claims notifications handled on behalf of IFAs in the last 4 years
- Risk management advice seminars and bespoke advice
- Insightful claims data analysis that helps you spot trends and avoid pitfalls
- Deep experience in managing risks in mergers and acquisitions
- Direct, broad market access – we enjoy good relationships with many insurers, more than any other broker working with IFAs
- We don’t access the insurance markets through other brokers (which slows the process for you and can make it more expensive).
Get a quote
Give us a few details and we'll get the best person to call you back
Excelling on claims advocacy and support
We have the largest in-house claims team in the PII market, with 30 advocates on hand to guide, manage and advise on notifications and claims.
Listen to our podcast series: Unpicking the British Steel pensions scandal
What IFA clients say about us
“We first engaged with Howden following the withdrawal of our existing insurer from the PI market at late notice. They personally assisted the progression of our application from day one and immediately demonstrated a level of professionalism, understanding and integrity regarding our application that we had not previously experienced during this process. They were able to arrange personal meetings with an underwriter and key industry personnel at short notice to progress our application swiftly. Ultimately, we were able to secure very competitive terms within a tight timescale."
Howden have been our PI broker for the last two years and we have found them to be excellent. They clearly understand our business and are cognisant of the risks. They are able, therefore, to explain to lead insurers and excess layer insurers how our procedures are effective in reducing risk. This understanding, together with their knowledge and expertise in the marketplace, ensured that we secured the right terms in a challenging market. Howden’s personal approach to their clients, both in terms of renewal and dealing with complaints when they arise, has been central to building our good relationship.
Much more than insurance
We can provide added value services such as free 24/7 legal advice lines and mental health helplines for you and your staff.
Paul Gillett - SME practices
Paul has 20 years’ experience securing Professional Indemnity insurance for his clients. He and his team support financial and construction professionals with insurance, risk mitigation, and claims management.
Steve’s team of expert brokers specialises in Professional Indemnity for Financial Advisers, Accountants, and Insurance Brokers. They always work hard to get their clients the right cover for the right price. And Steve’s deep understanding of risk management means that he can help clients mitigate their risks as well as insuring against them.