Enhance your company growth with Bowood
Bowood is Howden’s specialist delegated binding authority division and the largest delegated binding authority broker to Lloyd’s with $1.5bn of gross written premium handled annually. Bowood has built meaningful relationships with a wide range of delegated binding authority underwriters.
We are a high quality, tech-enabled specialist dedicated to helping MGA clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Bowood services maximise clients’ potential for growth and performance. Various other classes placed under delegated binding authorities including cyber, marine, Directors and Officers, Errors and Omissions, Environmental Impairment Liability and Legal Expenses.
We have 80 experienced binding authority brokers with many decades of experience in many territories:
- United States of America
- Australia and New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- South America & Caribbean
Being delegated binding authority specialists, Bowood understands that managing the operational process is key to running binders successfully and securing long-term capacity.
Bowood has dedicated resources in the following areas:
- Production of monthly net earned to incurred loss ratio and triangle statistics
- Assistance with Lloyd’s tribunalisation and the business planning process
- Oversight of the annual coverholder audit process
- Monitoring of Lloyd’s reporting and compliance requirement changes and bulletins
- Risk Level Data and aggregate analysis
- Punctual Premium payment
- Claims handling and payment including the monitoring of loss funds
Technology enhances our every aspect of our core service, from operations to claims, as well as our broking team, it enhances our clients’ portfolios by providing sophisticated insights to leverage their distribution network.
Here are some of the ways we’re using technology to connect you to more:
- BinderSight analytics
- Bowood Lineslip and Open Market capabilities
- BinderCloud document management
- Analytics including Catastrophe Modelling
- ReThink digital markets
- Howden Treaty and Facultative Reinsurance teams
Need to make a claim?
Visit our claims page for more information