Insurance for the Construction sector
Howden's bespoke policies work in the real world. They’re handcrafted from years of claims experience, always with clients’ best interests at heart. That's not something you get with off-the-peg policies.
We have specially worded policies for:
• Architecture and Design
• Contract administration
• Project management and coordination
• CDM/Principal designer
• Building control
• Civil and structural engineering
• Construction management
• Quantity surveying
• Town and country planning
Construction PI Policy highlights
Full civil liability ‘all risk’ cover
If a claim isn’t specifically excluded, it’s included. Policies are designed to catch-all.
Enhanced protection above regulatory requirements
Insurance is about defending your business, not box-ticking.
Bespoke wordings, no tripwires to fall foul of
Standard insurance wordings impose very strict conditions and warranties – ours are much more user-friendly, every clause is set up to help you.
Your claim will be handled by a sector specialist
Many of our competitors outsource their claims function – we never will.
Here are some examples of claims support we offer clients, every day:
1. Guidance on the notifying process and helping prepare the notification to insurers
2. Assisting draft responses to claimants
3. Helping you choose a lawyer
4. Overseeing legal cost management
5. Ensure that insurers' reserving policies benefit you
6. Attending mediations to defend our clients’ interests
7. Challenge insurers’ coverage position statements (when needed, our skill in policy design makes this increasingly rare)
8. Expediting your payouts
Free risk management updates
We pride ourselves on offering ongoing risk advice to our clients
• Risk management workshops
• Roundtable forums
• Bite-size bulletins
When you’re dependant on business cycles and the economic environment, you need the latest advice on risk trends
Greg Harrison - Larger practices
Greg is an expert in Professional Indemnity for property and construction professionals. He works with clients from across the sector, including engineers, surveyors, and architects. If you have any questions about PI – or any other insurance that affects the property and construction industry – just drop him a line.
Speak to a specialist
Connect with a broker who knows your trade inside out