Howden’s Marine Speciality team creates bespoke insurance for complex scenarios. Working with some of the biggest international players, we handle any aspect of marine risk, regardless how large or complex.
If you’re owning, building, consulting or operating at sea, you need an insurance partner with an in-depth understanding of the issues you face, and a strong network with specialist underwriters both locally and globally.
Our focus is on:
- Offshore Support Services – Shipyards and Ship Owners;
- Offshore Energy & Construction;
- Cargo Vessels;
- Drilling Vessels;
- Port authorities;
- Tankers and Carrier Vessels;
- Tugs and Barges, Dredgers;
- Marine and Subsea Equipments;
- Freight forwarders, warehouse operators and stevedores.
We help all sorts of businesses working at sea, from energy companies to port authorities, and everything in between.
Typically our bespoke insurance protection options can combine:
- Physical damage;
- Liability coverage;
- Business interruption;
- Additional costs;
- Marine cargo / goods-in-transit
We take the time to get to know your business, the tailor your insurance to suit your needs precisely. That’s the key benefit of using a real specialist – we can help you streamline and save.
We have access to specialist insurers, which is especially important with complex, high-value risks. With large complex risks, many of specialized markets are based in the Lloyds of London market, a stone's throw from Howden global HQ. As such, our global teams work hand in hand with the London team every day to ensure the best possible coverage and up-to-date risk management advice.
Marine & energy incredibly complex sector, which means a multi-disciplinary approach is important, and the Howden team is dynamic and highly experienced.
Our projects include:
- Ports and terminals;
- Cargo carriers;
- Offshore support vessels;
- Floating storage, production and uploading;
- Drilling rigs;
- Structure / construction / fabrication projects, including commissioning;
- Contractors – oilfield services, subsea services, offshore drilling and liftboat operators;
- Offshore Supply Vessels;
- Inland River Tug & Barge Operations;
- Dredging / Wet Construction Companies.