Marine & Transportation risks
The best-known elements of Marine Risk coverage are Marine Cargo Insurance and Marine Hull Insurance. At Howden, we offer these and a host of other, complementary covers for clients in the Marine and Transportation sectors.
Working with some of the biggest players in Asia and internationally, we handle any aspect of marine risk, regardless how large or complex.
Who needs Marine Insurance?
- Companies that frequently distribute goods
- Contractors who require equipment or goods that must be transported
- Ship owners, operators, and vessel charterers
- Forwarder companies
- Companies with a large volume of stock
We are experts in arranging Marine Risk insurance products, including:
Protection for loss or damage to goods transported by sea, land or air.
Protection against physical loss/damage to the hull, machinery, and everything connected to the vessel. Some underwriters also offer additional cover against loss and damage due to terrorism, business interruption, third-party liability and other specified perils.
Cover for shipowners, operators, and charterers for third-party liabilities encountered in the operation of vessels. The main risks covered are liabilities, expenses, and costs for perils including:
- Loss of life
- Injury and illness of crew, passengers and other persons
- Cargo loss, shortage or damage
- Damage to docks, buoys and other fixed and floating objects
- Wreck removal
Freight Forwarder Liability
Protection to freight forwarder from legal liability due to loss or damage suffered by a third party caused by freight forwarder business activity. Liability starts from the time of collection from consignor until the time of delivery.
Common coverage consists of:
- Cargo and related liabilities cover
- Third-party legal liability
- Liability for fines and duty
- Claims expenses
Protection against loss or damage to goods being transported by land, sea, or air, and also protection for the goods while in storage as stock.
Covers against loss or damage to the container itself while goods are being transported. Some underwriters limit the coverage to cover just when the container is at sea (Risk At Sea).
Get in touch
Meet the team