Professional Indemnity insurance
What does a Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance policy cover?
Professional Indemnity insurance (PI) is there for you when you make a mistake for which you are sued or investigated or both.
PI supports you in two main areas:
- Covers costs associated with regulatory hearings, including defence costs
- Pays any damages or settlements
With Howden, you can be assured your policy has been worded by someone who truly understands your industry – and the complex risks you face.
Contract overseas? No problem. Wherever in the world you work, our cover goes with you.
Automatic reinstatement of your limit of liability
If you need to make a claim, the amount you are awarded does not affect your limit of liability. Your maximum limit is available to you even after you have already made a claim.
Retroactive cover (excluding known circumstances)
You are covered for any work completed since the start of your Professional Indemnity Insurance - even if you have switched insurer.
Our PI policies can be extended to cover:
- Loss of documents or computer records
- Dishonest, fraudulent or malicious acts
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Trade practices legislation
- Contractual liabilities
- Civil penalties
- Intellectual property (breach of confidentiality, plagiarism or infringement of copyright, trademark or registered design or patent)
- Costs for representation at disciplinary or coronial enquiries
- Worldwide jurisdiction
- Automatic reinstatement of limit of liability
- Retroactive cover (excluding known circumstances)
- Trustees liability (superannuation / pension funds, charities, etc)
- Forged Share Transfer insurance can be arranged independently to cover damages/expenses arising out of the fraudulent issue of share documents and/or negligence in the conduct of a share registry
Your claim will be handled by a sector specialist.
Here are some examples of claims support we offer clients, every day:
- Guidance on the notifying process and helping prepare the notification to insurers
- Assisting draft responses to claimants
- Overseeing legal cost management
- Ensuring that insurers' reserving policies benefit you
- Attending mediations to defend our clients’ interests
- Challenging insurers’ coverage position statements (when needed - our skills in policy design make this increasingly rare)
- Expediting your payouts
Meet the team
Senior Vice President
Firman joined Howden in December 2013 as Assistant Vice President in the Strategic Business Development. He is responsible to develop the business strategically across the company. Part of his responsibility is to develop initiatives towards clients.
Prior to joining Howden, Firman worked at Aon as Manager at Corporate Risks Services Division, where handle various major clients as well as Lippo group business. Part of his focus is also to develop affinity initiatives with corporate risks services. Previously, he also worked for JLT to handle corporate and industrial clients for 4 years and prior to that he was working for one of the major bank in Bandung, Panin Bank as internal auditor. He has more than 7 years experience.
Firman graduated from Bina Nusantara University, majoring in computerized accounting. He has just completed one of the professional qualifications from ANZIIF, CIP, Ahli Pialang Asuransi dan Reasuransi Indonesia (APAI) and Certified Indonesian Insurance & Reinsurance Broker (CIIB).
Senior Vice President
Subur joined Howden September 2012. Subur leads Financial Risks, Small Medium Enterprise and Affinity Risks division, as Assistant Vice President. Part of his responsibilty in SME, Affinity is to handle large chain-business risks like chain-shops, warehouses, restaurants as well as motor fleet risks. Subur is one of the key initiator to develop online based insurance facility which beneficial to our clients.
He is also responsible to develop specialty financial risks to adopt the group expertise and deploy to local business focus, such as Directors & Officers, Professional Indemnity, Trade Credit risks and the like.
Prior to joining Howden, Subur was working for JLT to focus on corporate and energy risk where handle major and complex risks clients. Previously also he worked for a Japanese insurance company, MSIG Insurance, focusing on small and medium enterprise. He has more than 7 years experience.
Area of expertise includes property insurance, motor vehicles insurance and various insurances for small and medium enterprise.
Subur graduated from Universitas Brawijaya with Finance major. He also holds from the same university a master degree in Corporate Finance. He holds professional qualification Ahli Pialang Asuransi dan Reasuransi Indonesia (APAI) and Certified Indonesian Insurance & Reinsurance Broker (CIIB).
Assistant Vice President
Gilang joined Howden in April 2015 as Account Executive in Financial SME & Affinity Risks Division. Having been promoted in January 2019 as Business Manager, he was given a new role to lead Financial Specialty Risks & JBI . He is responsible for client servicing in Financial Specialty Risks area and making sure to meet our client expectation.
Prior to joining Howden, Gilang worked with PT. Asuransi Jasa Indonesia (Persero) for 5 years as marketing.
Gilang completed his bachelor's degree of Sociology Program at Faculty of Social & Political Sciences in University of Indonesia. He also holds professional qualification Ahli Pialang Asuransi dan Reassurance Indonesia (APAI) and Certified Indonesian Insurance & Reinsurance Broker (CIIB). Gilang also qualified at Level 5 for professional Insurance Broker certification based on Indonesian regulation.