Fire & Allied Perils insurance
Fire and Allied Perils covers against damage or destruction caused by fire, lightning, or the explosion of domestic appliances. You can use it to protect your home or business premises.
Choose Fire and Allied Perils as an extension of your Home or Commercial Property insurance
Depending on your needs and preferences, Fire and Allied Perils can include any or all of the following additional covers:
- Riot & Strike
- malicious damage
- Special Perils (water perils of flood, blocked drains etc)
- Bush Fire etc.
At Howden Puri, we tailor your cover to your individual circumstances - so you get all the cover you need, without paying for the cover you don't.
When we calculate the level of cover and premium cost for your policy, we will take into consideration:
- The value of the property (Buildings, contents, stocks etc)
- The nature of business / occupancy of the building
- The nature of construction
- Location of the premises
- State of housekeeping
- Firefighting appliances available
We recommended our clients obtain a professional valuation of your property and its contents to ensure that everything is covered.
Other items that can be insured under this policy include;
- Loss of rent following a fire
- Loss of contents of underground tanks following an earthquake and
- Earthquake cover for swimming pools