Construction All Risk insurance
Construction sites are, by nature, high-risk areas. Developers and contractors face a myriad of risks that can financially cripple a project, or even the companies involved. Trust an experienced broker to help get the cover you need, and be there when you need us most.
When problems arise in construction projects, they can bring negative knock-on effects and additional liabilities. Sub-contracting of various specialised works can create other contractual problems, liability claims and court proceedings.
In this situation, comprehensive cover from a trusted broker can make all the difference.
What is Construction and Erection All Risk insurance?
Construction and Erection All Risk insurance covers developers and contractors during construction projects. It’s called ‘all risk’ because that's what it intends to cover. Policies are worded to provide peace of mind around the enormous risks construction companies face.
The policy covers loss of or damage to:
- The Works, i.e. the work that has been completed but not yet handed over to the Principal
- Materials used for the project stored on-site or elsewhere
- Temporary structures
- Hired-in plant and equipment
- Contractors’ plant and equipment
- Transit to and from the contract site
It also protects against claims for:
- Third-party bodily injury
- Third-party death
- Third-party property damage
Building confidence in construction
Get in touch to speak to an expert who understands your industry and speaks your language