High-value assets consistently in volatile environments will always present major risk challenges. That's why marine risk scenarios can be incredibly complex. Talking to specialist marine risk consultants gives you the confidence to be bold, innovative and responsive to change in the business environment.
Our philosophy is simple. We are here to serve you, and that means powering your ambitions.
Howden brokers take the time to get to know individual businesses, vessels and fleets; taking a hands-on personal approach means we can arrange quality cover at a cost-effective price.
Howden Specialty Team has the market knowledge, relationships and broking expertise to place a wide range of risks in our specialist sectors, regardless of size or complexity.
If you’re building, owning, consulting or operating at sea, you need an insurance partner with an in-depth understanding of the issues you face, to help you streamline and save.
Quality cover at a cost-effective price
We believe that our role is more than just protecting our clients from risk. As your risk consultants, we exist to empower you to grow your business by removing risk obstacles - the emphasis is always on the quality of cover, ready to stand strong when you need it most.
Broad global market access
The Howden Specialty Team has the market knowledge, relationships and broking expertise to cover any marine risk, regardless of size or complexity.
Streamlining your insurance into one global policy can save time, effort and money. Eliminate gaps and contention between contracts and providers by having one clear global view of your risk.
Skilfully designing insurance wordings
Responsive insurance that helps when you need it most takes careful planning and attention to detail. This is where we excel, keeping all wordings firmly in your favour
We work with companies ranging from global energy companies to independent contractors.
We create bespoke solutions for:
- Upstream Supply Vessels & Workboats
- Port Authorities & Terminals
- Ocean Going Vessel Operations
- Inland River Tug & Barge Operations
- Dredging / Wet Construction Companies
- Commercial Fishing Operations
- Vessel & Upstream Structure Shipyard Construction
- Renewable energy and shale gas sectors
- Onshore and Upstream exploration & production companies
- Energy service contractors and drilling contractors
- The midstream energy / pipeline sector (which includes gathering, storage, transmission, processing facilities)
- Processing and refining companies
- Chemical and petrochemical companies
- Power generation, transmission and distribution utilities
- Manufacturing and Product Supply
- Commercial and Sport Diving
- Port Authorities, Docks and Marine Engineers
- Natural resource processing, gathering and transportation
Contractors we support:
- Oilfield Services
- Subsea Services
- Upstream Drilling
- Liftboat Operators
- Diving Operations