We handle any aspect of marine risk, however large or complex
Based in Dubai, London, Singapore and Hong Kong, we work as a single team in close cooperation.
Our team has genuine depth of experience, gained from working in marine specialist underwriting, claims and the busiest shipping insurance market in the world, Lloyds of London. We even have real seagoing experience in the team, giving us insight into risk management offshore that other brokers lack.
Together, we help some of the biggest shipping, logistics and manufacturing clients in the region achieve their risk management goals.
In the UAE we help many clients:
- Ship Managers
- Yacht owners
- Marine professionals
- Ship repairers
- Exporters / Importers / Traders / Shippers / Cargo Owners / Freight Forwarders
Whether you have a handful of vessels or a major fleet, we’d be delighted to discuss your project, goals and challenges.
Proud of our claims service
Our claims colleagues have managed approximately USD 100m worth claims in last five years.
Services we offer:
- Contractual and preventive risk mitigation advice
- Client advisors and market update
- Claims handling manuals customized to your policies
- Running Causality drills to optimize preparedness
- Near-miss insurance Gap Analysis
- Wide range of client seminars on topics related to claims
- Real-time awareness and advice on evolving risk issues
In 2020, only a specialist will do
2017 and 2018 saw a tectonic shift in Marine Insurance.
Re-insurance is the practice of risk-sharing with the industry. When you transfer a high-value risk to an insurance company, they always look to offset the risk by finding partners to share the risk. Re-insurance is, in effect, insurance for insurers.
In 2017, about 30 re-insurers drastically cut their appetite for marine risk, many of them walking away from the marine industry entirely.
This reduced appetite and capacity means marine insurance in the UAE is currently a seller's market – engaging a highly competent, specialist broker has never been more important.