We enable our clients to proactively manage risk in a way that increases their efficiency and their corporate competitiveness. The work we do does not start and end at renewal.
Clients stay with us because they meaningfully and directly benefit from more robust risk controls that lead to a reduction in operational cost and non-insurable expense over the full policy period.
We focus on solutions, keep it simple, challenge the status quo and deliver the right results. We manage complex marine casualties and claims in partnership with you, and provide critical advice and insight throughout the claims process.
What we do is split into three pillars.
We have real-time conversations with our clients on evolving risk issues. We offer contractual and preventative risk mitigation advice, and we offer concise thought leadership through client advisors and market updates.
Read our recent thought leadership here.
Managing marine casualties
We offer experience and a proven ability to offer practical solutions to complex problems.
We aim to reduce the cost of claims from the outset by providing experienced advice. We challenge claims adjusters’ views to obtain optimal amounts paid, and we challenge insurers to settle claims quickly. Thereafter we encourage insurers to pursue recoveries where possible, with the aim of improving our clients’ loss records.
We help our clients increase their corporate preparedness for dealing with major incidents, and we benchmark their ability to respond.
We produce customised claims manuals for our clients. We subsequently offer to embed incident preparedness through seminars and offer to test preparedness by running drills.
Getting the job done
We aid our clients to foster long-term underwriter engagement through roadshows. Competitiveness and proactivity, with a specialized team in your time zone, both come as standard.
We help our clients transfer risk through one or more of the 50+ marine insurance products we are able to place. Our marine specialists create bespoke insurance solutions for:
- Shipowners and ship operators;
- Bareboat charterers, time charterers and voyage charterers;
- Technical managers, commercial managers and crew managers;
- Port & terminal operators, port authorities and stevedores;
- Yacht builders, yacht owners, yacht managers and yacht rental companies;
- Ship builders and Ship repairers;
- Importers, exporters, traders and retailers;
- Transport operators, Freight forwarders and NVOCCs;
- Ship agents and shipbrokers; and
- Service providers to the oil & gas Industry
We take the complexity out of arranging the right solution around your exposures and risk appetite.
Our marine insurance solutions can be categorized into four segments.
Marine insurances for loss of or damage to the vessel
- Hull & Machinery, Increased Value and War Risks
- Trade Disruption, Loss of Hire, as well as corresponding total loss insurances
- Wet tows
- Builders’ Risk
- Ship Repairers’ Liability
- Final voyages
- Subsea equipment
Marine insurances for vessel-related third party liabilities
- Protection & Indemnity and cover for legal expenses (FDD), as well as associated SOL cover extensions
- Charterers’ liability and associated insurances
- Contractual Liability
- Specialist Operations
- Liability to accommodees
- Towage Liability
- Marine PA/EL
- Divers’ Liability
- Contract Works
Marine insurances for non-vessel-related third party liabilities and other marine risks
- Kidnap & Ransom / Special Contingency insurance
- Ports & Terminals Liability, including Property and Business Interruption
- Handling Equipment
- Professional Indemnity
- General Liability / Comprehensive General Liability
- Umbrella Liability
- Public Liability
- On-shore Cyber and Crime
- Residual Value
- Financial Risk
Marine insurance solutions for loss of or damage to cargo and associated risks
- Stock Throughput
- Transport Operators
- War on Land
- Cargo Political Violence
- Storage / Excess Storage
- Project Cargo / DSU
- Dry tows