At Howden Australia, including our subsidiaries ARMS and Claims X, we believe that it is essential for our customers to be able to provide feedback about our services. It is important that you are able to identify and deal with the appropriate person who has the ability, authority and proper training to hear and respond appropriately to any complaints or disputes.

If you are not fully satisfied with our services, please talk to your account manager and advise us of your complaint.

Internal dispute resolution

If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint has been dealt with, you may request a review of your complaint through our internal dispute resolution process by contacting our Complaints Officer at:

  • Phone: 1300 904 503
  • Email: [email protected]
  • Writing: Level 23, 20 Bond Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
  • Or by speaking to any representative of our business who will refer you to the Complaints Officer. 

You should explain the details of your complaint as clearly as you can. You may do this verbally or in writing.

When we receive a complaint, we will attempt to resolve it promptly. We hope that in this way we will stop any unnecessary and inappropriate escalation of minor complaints. 

We will observe the following principles in handling your complaint:

  1. There is no requirement for face-to-face contact between you and us, although it may be useful for us to come to a satisfactory resolution; 
  2. We expect that both parties will make a genuine attempt to resolve a complaint promptly; 
  3. We expect that both parties will provide all essential and relevant information, documents, written statements and any other materials that may properly and reasonably be believed to assist in resolving the complaint; 
  4. We expect that both parties will comply with all reasonable requests from the other party to provide information within a reasonable time frame;
  5. We will contact you if we require any further information and thoroughly investigate your complaint. We will provide you with our response to your complaint in writing within 30 days of you making the complaint. 
Our external dispute resolution scheme 

We expect our procedures will deal with your complaint in a fair and prompt manner. However, if you are still not satisfied with the resolution of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). 

AFCA provides fair and independent complaint resolution services that is free to customers. AFCA has authority to hear certain complaints and will confirm if they are able to assist you. 
AFCA may be contacted using the below information:

  • Phone: 1800 931 678 
  • Online: 
  • Email: [email protected] 
  • Mail: GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001 

AFCA is a free external dispute resolution service established to provide you with an independent mechanism to resolve specific complaints. Certain time limits may apply to AFCA complaints, so you should refer to the AFCA website to check whether these time limits apply to you.