Right from the beginning, we committed to independence.
We've grown from just three people in a tiny office to one of the biggest insurance brokers on the world stage. How did we do it? With a bold independent spirit, and a culture where everyone believes in four key principles.
We are proud of our unique culture, where everyone is personally invested in their clients’ success. This energised, empowered working atmosphere attracts and retains the very best talent in the insurance industry.
Howden in the Philippines
We provide integrated risk management solutions and Employee Benefits consultancy to companies operating in the Philippines and worldwide.
We have more than 60 skilled insurance experts working in our local office in our Makati, providing risk expertise to a wide range of businesses, from globally recognised brands to small family-owned companies.
Howden fast facts
- Founded in London, UK in 1994, we’re now the largest international insurance broker headquartered outside the USA
- We’re a truly multinational business, bringing you specialist advice from Howden offices in 40 countries, with a network of trusted partner brokers giving us an extended reach in over 90 territories
- Our steadfast commitment to independence gives our people the freedom to deliver for clients
- You get all the benefits of working with a large global broker, combined with the speedy innovation and local know-how of a small independent
- We put People First: we value and look after our employees. We like to see people thrive.
Employee ownership at our heart
Howden employees all over the world are shareholders in the Group, and the plan is to increase that number as we grow together.
While we are backed by patient, long-term investment capital, employees will always remain the largest shareholder group.
This has a noticeable effect on the culture.
At Howden, everyone has a voice. Ideas are embraced, effort gets rewarded and meritocracy is real. All in an environment where people enjoy their work and have fun.
We foster an environment where people feel valued and cared for, and enjoy rising to every new challenge.
Empowered to serve you
The experience we give our clients is everything to us. Our success comes from valuing every client and working to build relationships for the long term.
This is only possible because of our employee ownership model and sustainable capital. No one is thinking short term.
We can be completely client-focused because those who are closest to our clients make the decisions.
We have a noticeably flat hierarchy for a global organisation of such size and scope, and most senior leaders still have hands-on involvement in placing risks.
Wherever you do business, you’ll be supported by vast experience and deep-rooted local understanding. Our advice in local markets comes from people who live and breathe them.