Howden’s specialist energy team has a wealth of experience creating bespoke, integrated solutions across the full spectrum of the energy industry. Onshore, offshore, upstream, midstream, downstream; it’s all in a day’s work for our risk experts.
The Howden team has the market knowledge, relationships and broking expertise to place any energy sector risk, regardless of size or complexity.
Our extensive account portfolio ranges from primary general liability single asset placements to programmes that protect our clients' balance sheets with limits up to $1 billion.
The global energy team brings you over 120 expert practitioners with an average experience level of around 15 years.
As an international company, we place around USD700m in premium for the energy and marine sector.
We create bespoke insurance solutions, using our market knowledge and entrepreneurial approach to deliver the best value for our clients.
- Power companies (including multinational mega-corporations)
- Oil, gas and petrochemical (major national oil companies, owners of OSV, FPSO, FSO, MOPU, Drilling rigs, ROV, etc )
- Shale gas
- Renewable energy
- Engineers, consultants and scientific professionals, including: inc fabricators, engineering/consultant, manpower supply, marine spread, geotechnical, hook-up and commissioning contractors, offshore installation contractors.
Typically, our insurance protection options can combine:
- Physical damage
- Liability coverage
- Errors and omissions
- Business interruption
- Additional costs of doing business (control of well / operators extra expense)
- Marine cargo
- Terrorism cover.
We have access to over 100 specialist insurers, which is especially important with complex, high-value risks. With large complex risks, many of the specialist insurers are based in the Lloyds of London market, a stone's throw from Howden global HQ. As such, our global teams work hand in hand with the London team every day to ensure the best possible coverage and up-to-date risk management advice.
Energy is an incredibly complex sector, which means a multi-disciplinary approach is important.
The team is made up of a dynamic mixture of highly-experienced brokers and technicians whose expertise has been honed during multiple cycles of the insurance market.
Our shared knowledge was developed over decades of collective involvement in a huge range of marine & energy programs, ranging from small non-operators to global energy companies and including contractors and complex construction projects working with:
- Operators / non-operators (onshore and Upstream)
- Construction and contractors
- Natural Resource processing, gathering and transportation;
- Onshore renewable energy
- Oil refineries
- Petroleum product distributors
- Petrochemical plants
- Natural gas distributors
- and retail outlets.
Our recent projects include:
- Jack-up / drilling rigs
- Structure / construction / fabrication projects, inc. hook up and commissioning
- Floating production, storage and uploading
- Offshore support vessels.
We believe that our role is more than just protecting our clients from risk.
As your risk consultants, we exist to empower you to grow your business by removing risk obstacles - the emphasis is always on the quality of cover, ready to stand strong when you need it most.