Maritime & Transport
Shipowners and operators, you face material and financial risks in the operation of your vessels. Our Howden brokers offer high-performance insurance solutions to cover your assets, liability, and financial risks. Our team of industry-expert brokers is involved from financing your vessel to its operational coverage.
- Hull and Machinery: Insurance covering damages to various types of vessels. Coverage is tailored to each client's needs.
- Safe Arrival: Insured capital in addition to the Hull and Machinery value of the vessel, covering additional costs, including loss of freight, in the event of total loss or abandonment of the ship.
- Loss of Hire: Insurance for the ship's lost daily costs or revenue following a covered event in Hull and Machinery coverage.
- War Risks: Insurance for Hull and Machinery, Safe Arrival, and/or Loss of Hire interests related to events such as war, strikes, riots, civil disturbances, etc.
- Kidnap & Ransom: Insurance for the ransom paid to release a ship or its crew members taken hostage by pirates. This insurance may also cover Loss of Hire. • Protection & Indemnity (P&I): Liability insurance for the shipowner or operator, placed with International Group Clubs or "fixed premium" P&I insurers.
- Charterer's Liability Insurance: Insurance for charterers of vessels, including damage to the chartered vessel.
- Freight, Demurrage and Defence (FD&D): FD&D insurance covers the shipowner or charterer for costs and expenses related to defending a lawsuit or pursuing a claim.
- Mortgagee's Interest Insurance (MII & MIAP): Insurance for ship mortgagees, guaranteeing exclusions from shipowner's insurance contracts or the insolvency of their insurers.
Claire Lasserre, Business Development Director