Vehicle fleet insurance
Why choose Howden?
Established in the field of vehicle fleet insurance for over 30 years, we provide you with our technical expertise to manage your risk under the best market terms and conditions.
- Service excellence: tailored solutions for your peace of mind, we handle the operational aspects of your management tasks.
- Clear communication: We prioritize straightforward and effective communication.
- Simplicity: Our approach is all about keeping things simple and easy to understand.
- Expert advice: With 30 years of expertise in fleet insurance, we provide reliable guidance without unnecessary complexity.
- Simplified fleet management: Let us handle the intricacies of insurance while you focus on your core business.
- Convenient access: Our user-friendly extranet and mobile app give you complete fleet control anytime, anywhere.
- Customer satisfaction: Our commitment is to provide you with high-quality service supported by modern digital tools for your maximum benefit
We help all our clients to identify and understand the issues related to their vehicle fleet in order to optimise the financial and organisational aspects of this risk over time.
Etienne de Font-Reaulx director, Vehicle fleet department
What is vehicle fleet insurance?
First and foremost, it's essential to understand that a vehicle fleet insurance policy can be obtained when at least five vehicles are in the fleet. When discussing vehicle insurance, it's crucial to understand what mandatory insurance includes:
- L’article L211-1 and seq. of the French Insurance Code specifies that liability cover - otherwise known as third party insurance - is compulsory for any owner of a motorised land vehicle (MLV). This includes cars, construction equipment, motorbikes, scooters, forklifts, trailers, and semi-trailers, even if not coupled.
In the event of an accident, this cover means the victim can be compensated for the damage he or she has suffered. This may involve personal injury (broken leg, whiplash, etc.) or property damage (dented bumper, damaged fence, etc.).
This compulsory insurance does not include damage to the vehicle of the driver responsible for the accident or their personal injuries.
To be compensated, you must take out additional cover in the policy. We are for you.
Why is it important?
We handle the day-to-day management of your vehicle fleet. This is crucial to your satisfaction because it addresses a significant day-to-day operational need that has to be perfectly executed:
- Application for insurance certificates
- Accompanied driving certificate
- Insurance claim and repair follow-up
- Reports on the progress of cases and your claims history
- Monitoring of fixed assets...
What does it cover?
Should you wish to have increased cover in the event of a claim, you have the option of taking out additional cover:
- Damage cover - commonly known as "All Risks" or "Casco" covers risks such as theft, fire, natural disasters, natural events, and damage without third parties.
- Glass breakage covers all glazed parts of a vehicle (windscreen, mirrors, rear window, sunroof, etc.).
- Financial losses for vehicles taken out on long-term leases (LTL) or leases with the option to buy (LWOB). This cover will ensure that you are compensated up to the amount of the "outstanding balance" claimed by the rental company in the event of the total loss of the vehicle (theft, fire, or beyond economical repair).
- Personal effects and objects: The driver's personal effects are covered in the event of theft of items such as leatherwork, luggage, keys, etc. (Electronic equipment such as mobile phones, laptops, and tablets are generally excluded).
- Professional equipment cover for equipment intended for professional use (professional laptop, tools, etc.).
- Driver's insurance compensates for bodily injury suffered by the driver in addition to Social Security and any cover taken out, such as supplementary health, pension, accidental death, or life insurance.
- Technical and personal assistance breakdown service and vehicle towing, assistance to the driver and their passengers (provision of a taxi to return home or a hotel room if traveling).
- Replacement vehicle provision of a vehicle in the event of breakdown, damage, or total loss of the insured vehicle.
An insurance policy is only a promise. It is at the time of a claim that a broker stands out and proves to be your best ally in defending your interests. Our dedicated team specialising in insurance law will guide you through the process of presenting your claim, challenging the insurers' position, and assisting you right through to compensation.
Étienne de Font-Réaulx
Étienne de Font-Réaulx
Automobile Department Director
Étienne, an ESC Grenoble graduate, began his career at AXA as a Senior Liability Underwriter for Key Accounts for 3 years. In 2011, he joined Théorème as a Client Manager, specializing in major automotive accounts, before becoming the Director of the Automobile Department (Production, Claims, Technical) in 2015.
Today, Étienne holds the position of Director of the Automobile Fleet specialty at Howden France.