Property damage and business interruption
Why choose Howden?
- Expertise: Focused on the needs of SMEs, mid-sized enterprises, and large corporations.
- Exclusive Market Access: Strong relationships with local and international insurers and reinsurers.
- Specialized service: We provide a team with dedicated industry expertise.
- Optimal Responsiveness: Ability to adapt solutions as the insurance market evolves.
- Innovative and client-centric approach: Our regional and international presence sets us apart from the traditional market, enabling us to deliver high-quality service.
What is property damage and business interruption insurance?
We understand that crucial assets for your business can face unexpected risks, such as fires, machinery breakdowns, natural events, and vandalism. These events can lead to severe financial setbacks and disrupt your business's continuity.
Our "Industrial Risks for SMEs/ETIs" insurance is designed to address these concerns. By choosing this coverage, you protect your professional assets against physical damages caused by these incidents. Through risk analysis and an understanding of your environment, we offer a tailored solution to meet your needs.
Furthermore, our policy covers property damages, associated costs, and resulting financial losses. The goal is to restore your company to its financial position before the loss.
Why is it important?
- Property damage: Safeguarding your company's assets against physical harm.
- Costs and financial losses: Covering financial losses incurred due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Liabilities: Protection against liabilities arising from your activities.
- Business interruption: In addition to direct property damage insurance, business interruption insurance allows your company to offset the loss of gross profit resulting from it and continue to meet its fixed expenses, covering permanent overheads and warranty extensions such as loss of access and administrative constraints.
- Prevention: Our engineering services, provided by a trusted partner, can offer you the best advice to reduce your risks.
What does it cover?
- Real estate: Covers properties owned, leased, or occupied for business activities, including premises and layout.
- Personal property: Encompasses items owned, leased, or maintained necessary for business operations, such as professional equipment, goods, and employees' and executives' personal effects.
- Financial protection: Covers costs related to incidents like fires to ensure your business's stability.
- Operational continuity: Coverage for the company's gross margin and/or additional operating expenses.
What does it not cover?
- Foreign war and civil war
- Criminal acts
- Cyber incidents
Who do we work with?
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Small and medium-sized industries (SMIs)
- French intermediate-sized enterprises (ETIs), including those with international exposure
An insurance policy is only a promise. It is at the time of a claim that a broker stands out and proves to be your best ally in defending your interests. Our dedicated team specialising in insurance law will guide you through the process of presenting your claim, challenging the insurers' position, and assisting you right through to compensation.
Director of Property for ETI/SME/SMI
With a career kick-start at GRAS SAVOYE, Olivier later spent over two decades with Anglo-Saxon brokers, holding roles such as Middle Market Manager. Now, as part of Howden France, he leads the charge on specialized Middle Market Property and Liability for both national and international clients. Olivier's expertise shines in structuring and driving the newly formed team, covering all aspects from regional offices to Paris