Shipyard & Builders' Risk
Shipyard and Marine Builders' Risk covers your operation all the way from starting construction to final delivery to the customer
Howden consultants take the time to get to know individual businesses and help you manage the risk every step of the way.
The Howden Specialty Team has the market knowledge, relationships and broking expertise to cover any marine risk, regardless of size or complexity.
- Shipyard and building risks
- Construction risk
- Ship repairers’ liability
- Worldwide delay in start-up
- Bonds, including performance, refund and surety
- Political risks.
Insured risks as follows:
- Damage or loss (total or constructive) during the period of building, trials and putting afloat
- Building defects
- General Average and salvage of the vessel
- Expenses aimed at preventing, minimising loss and assessment of the damage extent.
We believe that our role is more than just protecting our clients from risk. As your risk consultants, we exist to empower you to grow your business by removing risk obstacles - the emphasis is always on the quality of cover, ready to stand strong when you need it most.