Marine risk scenarios can be incredibly complex. Talking to a specialist marine risk consultant gives you the confidence to be bold, innovative and responsive to change
Our philosophy is simple. We are here to serve you, and that means powering your ambitions.
Howden brokers take the time to get to know individual businesses, vessels and fleets; taking a hands-on personal approach means we can arrange quality cover at a cost-effective price.
The Howden Specialty Team has the market knowledge, relationships and broking expertise to place a wide range of risks in our specialist sectors, regardless of size or complexity.
If you’re building, owning, consulting or operating at sea, you need an insurance partner with an in-depth understanding of the issues you face, to help you streamline and save.
We create bespoke solutions for:
- Shipowners and operators
- Charterers including bareboat, time and voyage
- Technical managers, commercial managers, crew managers,
- Port & Terminal operators, authorities, stevedores, container Freight Stations
- Yacht builders, owners, managers and rental companies
- Shipbuilders and repairers
- Shippers, exporters, importers, retailers
- Transport operators, freight forwarders, NVOCCs
- Service providers to the oil & gas industry
Quality cover at a cost-effective price
We believe that our role is more than just protecting our clients from risk. As your risk consultants, we exist to empower you to grow your business by removing risk obstacles - the emphasis is always on the quality of cover, ready to stand strong when you need it most.
Broad global market access
The Howden Specialty Team has the market knowledge, relationships and broking expertise to cover any marine risk, regardless of size or complexity.
Streamlining your insurance into one global policy can save time, effort and money. Eliminate gaps and contention between contracts and providers by having one clear global view of your risk.
Skilfully designing insurance wordings
Responsive insurance that helps when you need it most takes careful planning and attention to detail. This is where we excel, keeping all wordings firmly in your favour
We work with companies ranging from global energy companies to independent contractors.
Speak to a marine specialist today
The Howden Specialty Team has a core expertise encompassing the following:
Hull & Marine Liabilities for all types of tonnage and exposures
- Hull and machinery
- Disbursements (increased value, freight etc.)
- Loss of hire
- Charterers’ liability
- Charterers’ default
- Machinery deductible
- Protection and indemnity
- Towage risks
Ports & Terminals a broad range of risks whether liability or physical loss
- Loss of, or damage to, cargo under your care, custody or control
- Third-party liability
- Professional indemnity
- Fines and penalties
- Physical loss of, or damage to, equipment
- Port property
- Business interruption
Mortgagee interests, financial institutions, ship mortgage insurance and financing insurance
- Mortgagees’ interest
- Innocent owners’ insurance
- Lessors’ interest insurance
- Political risks insurance
- Shipyard & Related Risks
- Shipyard and building risks
- Construction liability
- Ship repairers’ liability
- Worldwide delay in delivery
War, Kidnap & Ransom and Political Risks
- War risks
- Kidnap and ransom
- Confiscation, expropriation and nationalisation
- Credit insurance