We've grown from just three friends in a tiny office to one of the biggest insurance brokers on the world stage. How did we do it? With a bold independent spirit, and a culture where everyone believes in four key things.
Howden New Zealand
Our mission is to challenge incumbency and complacency.
We're here to deliver distinctive solutions and exceptional service, all underpinned by data and analytics.
Our team is made up of sector and product specialists with longstanding, proven experience in major broking houses, bringing you a wealth of insight, market intelligence and creativity.
With teams on the ground in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, we’re ready to serve you wherever you need us.
Howden Broking can cover any risk, however large or complex:
- Financial Lines
- Commercial & Corporate Risk
- Affinity Solutions
- People Risk & Employee Benefits
- Commercial & Corporate Risk
- Alternative Risk Transfer Solutions
- Claims Advocacy
Howden Care is your workplace claims management, rehabilitation & wellness partner:
- Early Intervention
- Illness Management
- Claims Management
- Data & Analytics Insights
In a rapidly consolidating market, we offer you a credible alternative choice.
Employee ownership at our heart
While we are backed by patient, long-term investment capital, employees will always remain our largest shareholder group.
This has a noticeable effect on the culture. At Howden, everyone has a voice. Ideas are embraced, effort gets rewarded and meritocracy is real. All in an environment where people enjoy their work and have fun.
We foster an environment where people feel valued and cared for, and enjoy rising to every new challenge.
Howden fast facts
- Founded in London, UK in 1994, we’re now the world's largest non-American insurance broker with a truly international focus
- We advise on more than $USD10bn of annual premium worldwide
- We bring you specialist risk advice in 40 countries, with 6500+ people ready to support you. Our network of trusted broker partners provides further access to local experts in over 90 territories worldwide
- Our steadfast commitment to objectivity gives our people the freedom to deliver for clients
- You get all the benefits of working with a large global broker, combined with the speedy innovation and specific know-how of a local broker
- We put People First: we value and look after our employees. We like to see people thrive.
Want to work with us?
We’re always on the lookout for great people to join our team. If you want to work for a company that puts people first, challenges the status quo and help us create something great then we’d love to hear from you! Send your expression of interest to Scott Fielding via email [email protected].
A positive, proactive entrepreneurial attitude shines through everything we do
How we operate
Switched on, forward-thinking insight
We use our know-how and dedicated data analysts to solve tough risk management problems.
Representing your interests all the way
Our open market philosophy and strong reputation with insurers mean we can negotiate the best possible solutions for our clients, and we use every resource at our disposal to get you the results you need.
Investing time upfront to understand your business
Brokers can only represent your interests properly when they understand them precisely. We're specialists not just because we have lots of clients in a particular sector, but because we really get under the skin of our clients' businesses.
This makes a big difference because educating underwriters about your exact needs and risk management practices plays a huge part in getting you the most competitive deal.
Relationships for the long term
Every client relationship we enter into, we want it to last.
We're 100% committed to remaining a privately owned business, so we think long-term, in everything we do.
Work with us and you'll see the difference, in the way we support our clients and our obsession with world-class service.