Clinical Trials Liability
Clinical Trials Liability insurance protects researchers and subjects alike. Coverage includes both negligent and no-fault harm caused – because you can do everything right and there still be serious consequences.
When it comes to running clinical trials, solid insurance is the only ethical way forward. Even the most well-prepared, thoroughly-researched study can have unexpected consequences. That's why you owe it to your trial subjects and your colleagues to have the cover arranged by a specialist.
You wouldn't take unnecessary risks with your subjects' health. Don't take risks with your insurance either.
Negligent harm cover
Legal expenses, plus any compensation pay-out to trial participants.
Non-negligent (no-fault) cover
If a participant has been harmed or injured as a direct result of the study, they can claim on your insurance.
Protection at all levels
Everyone involved in conducting the trial is covered – from Research Associates to study sponsors.
Get affordable cover, from a trusted insurer, that's tailored to suit the needs of your trial.
Find out how we can help
Our job doesn’t stop once we’ve helped you secure your insurance. We offer our clients claims and risk advice, too.
If you need to make a claim, we can help you with:
- Guidance on the notifying process and helping prepare the notification to insurers
- Assisting draft responses to claimants
- Helping you choose a lawyer
- Overseeing legal cost management
- Ensure that insurers' reserving policies benefit you
- Attending mediations to defend our clients’ interests
- Challenge insurers’ coverage position statements (when needed: our skill in policy design makes this increasingly rare)
- Expediting your payouts
Free risk management updates
We pride ourselves on offering ongoing risk advice to our clients:
- Risk management workshops
- Roundtable forums
- Bite-size bulletins
Extra support when you need it
Because even when you do everything right, things can still go wrong