Industrial & Commercial Property Insurance
Cover to keep your business going
Property damage can hurt your business, no matter the industry that you're in. From disruption to service, a loss of customers, damaged reputation, to depleted stock levels or cost of repairs, protection in case the worst happens is essential.
Property insurance covers destruction or damage to your commercial premises, whether you have a warehouse, lab, office, restaurant or shop. Howden will tailor a policy that fits your business and protects you where you need it most in the event of a disaster.
What does Industrial Property insurance cover?
The policy covers loss or damage to assets such as buildings, stocks, furniture and contents. It includes:
- Damage caused by fire, lightning, explosion, falling aircraft, and smoke
- Water damage caused by typhoons, storms or floods
- Natural disasters, such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions or tsunami
- Damage to foundations caused by landslide or subsidence
- Criminal damage including theft or burglary
We ask that our customers keep an accurate value of buildings, stocks, machines and other contents to save further complications in the event of a claim.
We can also tailor our policies to cover:
- Strikes, riots and civil commotion
- Malicious damage
- Accidental damage to plate glass
- Expenses incurred on removing debris following damage
- Fire brigade charges and extinguishing expenses
- Architect, surveyor, legal and consulting engineers’ fees
You cover can also include machinery breakdown if your property holds machinery used in your business.
This will unforeseen, sudden and accidental physical loss or damage to your machinery caused by faulty design, faulty construction, carelessness, short circuit, storm damage, and as well as other reasons.