Howden Group brings digital, data and analytics closer to clients
14 March 2022
Howden Group Holdings announces the strategic alignment of its digital, data and analytics capabilities by embedding them directly into the client-facing business areas in which they support. The vision is for these capabilities to be ever closer to Howden Group’s clients, bringing optimal data-driven solutions to the purchasing process.
HX was launched in 2019 to develop key areas of the Group’s digital, data and analytics platform delivery and accelerate the growth of Howden and DUAL through the effective use of data, analytics and technology. Since then, it has grown to over 250 colleagues across 19 teams, attracting some of the best talent in the market, and today delivers digital solutions and superior data insights to clients and insurers and across the Howden Group.
David Howden, CEO, Howden Group commented: “As a Group, we made significant investment into our data and digital capabilities over the past few years and today this is increasingly becoming business-as-usual for Howden and DUAL, strategically and operationally, including how we trade with clients and markets. Embedding these core skills back into the business will enable us to take full advantage of the products, skills and unique capabilities we have created in HX, accelerating the creation of innovative solutions for clients.”
Effective 1 April 2022:
- Howden Analytics, led by David Flandro, which includes NOVA, a premier insurance market information platform, and Howden Capital Markets, the Group’s capital markets advisory practice, will join Howden RE
- Howden Markets, the team that uses data and insights to drive better outcomes for clients, will become part of Howden Broking. Toby Pollard, Head of Howden Markets, joins the Howden Broking Group Executive Committee
- Rethink, the ground-breaking algorithmic follow only MGA, led by Dan Prince will join DUAL
- Howden Digital, a digital market platform consisting of a number of applications that enable carriers to sell and buyers to obtain risk cover at lower costs, using modern technology to connect buyers to capacity, led by Paul Hillier will join Howden Specialty
- Howden Data, led by Howden Broking CFO Serge Thieriet, will drive our data agenda, improving decisions across Howden Broking Group and delivering meaningful insights to our clients
Barnaby Rugge-Price, Executive Chairman, HX and Chairman, Howden Broking added: “Our successes over the past 12 months alone speak for themselves. Nearly $300m of premium is now flowing through our Howden Digital trading platforms including over $75m of exclusive premium delivered to Howden brokers via Rethink, we launched Nova’s market leading platform and a series of widely admired research publications, and our Howden Markets and Data teams worked to develop better data and actionable insights for markets, colleagues and clients.”
He continued: “When we launched HX we knew that expanding our tech, data and analytics capabilities would be critical to our future success. I believed then that the evolution of our industry’s proposition was the most important challenge we faced, and we took that challenge head on. We have spent the three years carefully developing our capabilities, investigating this space and incubating our own start-up ventures while attracting the best talent. These teams, now sitting within the business areas but crucially continuing to work collaboratively, will further drive the creation of new capabilities and enhancement of our existing digital, data and analytics platform delivery.”