Specialist redundancy services
The coronavirus pandemic has profoundly impacted UK businesses. As a result, redundancies are on the rise.
The crisis has led to unprecedented trading challenges: closures to non-essential retail and hospitality businesses during lockdown; declining turnover and low levels of consumer confidence. As a result, many employers are being forced to make changes to their organisations and a reduction in their overall workforce.
They are not alone. The latest research reveals that:
Redundancies have risen to their highest level since 2009 
The unemployment rate could hit 8.5% in the first half of 2021 
More than a third of UK employers plan to make staff redundant over the next three months 
Managing the redundancy process
How we can help you
Making redundancies is a difficult process for a business and its employees; both for those staff that are leaving your organisation and those that are remaining within it.
A successful redundancy programme is one that is not simply legally compliant but also manages the human aspects of the process. Looking after the health and mental wellbeing of those employees who are leaving your business can ensure that they have the vital support they need during this difficult time.
Our dedicated redundancy service is designed to equip staff who are leaving you with essential information and practical advice, all delivered by impartial and independent experts. It can help you to:
- Demonstrate your duty of care to employees leaving the organisation, ensuring they have the tools they need as they look to the future
- Send an unequivocal message to those employees remaining that you care and are committed to looking after your people
- Support your wider communication and employee engagement activities linked to redundancies
- Minimise disruption to the organisation at the point of redundancy
How we can help your people
Being made redundant can lead to a wide range of emotions. Some employees will feel sad, others angry and many will be worried about what the future will hold for them.
Offering a dedicated service focused on dealing with both the emotional and practical considerations of redundancy can:
- Give employees the vital support and guidance they need as they look to their future
- Provide important information on what help and support is available and where to access it
- Offer them reassurance and the confidence to prepare for new opportunities that lie ahead
- Arm them with important tools to help them plan their finances; and
- Support their health and wellbeing, now and in the future
Get in touch
A specialist redundancy support service
- Impartial information and guidance delivered to your employees via a 90 minute virtual presentation. This will enable them to explore their options and ask questions in a safe setting
- A presentation will focus on core areas of redundancy and offer practical tips to help your employees prepare for the future. It will include:
- Being made redundant – what happens now?
- Preparing for your financial future
- Looking after your health & wellbeing
- Securing a new job
- Useful resources – signposting employees where to go for help
- Every employee who attends the presentation will also receive a guide packed full of tips and important information to take away with them. Giving them a lasting source of support
- Access to mental health app Havensrock Thrive* for 12 months. This can help employees to proactively look after their mental health, both at the point of redundancy and for the months ahead
- Exclusive access to RedArc specialist mental health nurses. Unlike other mental health apps, Havensrock Thrive ensures that when an employee needs someone to talk to, a dedicated mental health specialist is on hand. They will be appointed a dedicated nurse who will listen and offer emotional support
*The Havensrock Thrive app and Med24 service are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
Rob Atkins - Head of Workplace Savings & Education
Rob is a Workplace Savings & Education expert with over 18 years’ experience. He specialises in pension governance as key to running a quality pension scheme with well-informed engaged employees.