England & Wales Cricket Board Insurance Centre

Women doing cricket catching practice drill

Insurance for recreational cricket clubs

As a recreational club registered with the ECB you are automatically provided with insurance protection if you have registered via the ECB Safe Hands Management System and completed the online risk assessment questionnaire, allowing you to focus on developing and enjoying the game. (If you are unsure about registration, please contact your County Board for guidance).

Your registration with the ECB automatically gives you a Combined Liability insurance policy designed and worded specifically for cricket clubs, and the liabilities they face.

Cover under the game wide insurance policy starts from the date your existing insurance policy expires. Cover is currently available to Clubmark accredited clubs and will be rolled out to all clubs over coming months.

ECB logo

The ECB is proud to work with Howden to serve the insurance needs of our members. Here's to a longstanding partnership - Ian Watmore, Chairman

If you are a registered club, you have cover for the following: 
  • Public Liability
  • Employers' Liability
  • Professional Indemnity
  • Directors' and Officers' Liability
  • and Cyber Liability.

Other insurance policies are available to buy at preferential rates for ECB registered clubs

As the official insurance broker partner to the ECB, Howden has designed affordable policies for other risks you face, that are not covered under your combined liability policy.

About your automatic cover

More details about the insurance included with your registration

Cricket club training young children batting
Two cricket coaches with a folder of notes

Need to make a claim?

Start a claim or notify an incident

Can't find what you need?

For cricket insurance enquiries, call 0121 698 8130. Alternatively, ask your question below and we'll be in touch.

Let's talk...

0121 698 8130

We'll put you in touch with the person best equipped to help.