Insurance solutions for Mable support workers
Howden & Mable: working together
Howden Insurance Brokers (Australia) Pty Ltd (Howden) has been appointed by Mable Technologies Pty Ltd (Mable) as their insurance advisor and consultant.
Mable has obtained the following Group insurance cover for independent support workers, which can be confirmed through the Mable platform (subject to certain terms and conditions), and includes:
Group General & Products Liability Cover
This insurance covers legal liability to pay compensation to a third party arising out of personal injury, property damage or advertising liability.
Group Medical Malpractice Cover
This insurance covers certain losses arising from a claim in respect of malpractice and civil liability.
Group Personal Accident Cover
This insurance provides coverage for certain accidental injuries incurred by affiliated support workers.
How do I confirm my insurance cover?
You are automatically covered when you arrange and invoice your work via the Mable platform. The insurance cover automatically applies to independent support workers when they are providing services arranged and invoiced through the Mable platform. You are not covered for work arranged or invoiced outside the Mable platform.
The insurance cover is underwritten by Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company (ABN 84 600 643 034, AFS Licence No. 466713).
Mable Group Policy details
Summary of cover
The cover provides benefits to Mable’s independent support workers (insured person) using the Mable platform whilst they are engaged in:
- approved care work;
- direct and uninterrupted travel between the Insured Person's normal place of residence and an approved care workplace;
- direct and uninterrupted travel between the Insured Person's last place of paid work and an approved care workplace;
- direct and uninterrupted travel between one approved care workplace and another approved care workplace; and
- activities undertaken during lunchtimes and meal breaks while at an approved care workplace.
Click here for a summary of key limits, sub-limits, sums insured and additional benefits applicable to each policy.
If you would like to know more detail about each policy, please download and read the policy documents provided below.
We are here to help
To discuss the insurances available to independent support workers for services invoiced through the Mable platform, please contact your account managers at Howden.
For Group General & Products Liability Cover and Group Medical Malpractice Cover
0408 923 347
For Group Personal Accident Cover
0458 431 059
If you have a claim
Here are the claims forms for each of the insurance covers:
Claim lodgement process
Your completed claim form and supporting documentation will need to be emailed to [email protected]
If you have any questions or need to follow up a claim please contact Howden by using the above email address or the following number 1300 904 503
When submitting your claim:
- Please include your policy number which is found on your certificate of currency and the Mable incident reference number.
- Your claims manager will verify whether the liability arose as a result of approved care work undertaken via the Mable Platform, and/or if you were travelling to or undertaking approved care work via the Mable Platform at the time of the injury.
- Your claim form and supporting documentation will also be reviewed for completeness to ensure you have provided all the information necessary to lodge the claim on your behalf.
- Your claim will be lodged with the insurer, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance on your behalf, who will assess the information in line with the policy terms and conditions and determine if the claim is to be accepted.
- Your Account Manager will liaise with you directly and the applicable deductible for either the Group General & Products Liability Cover or Group Medical Malpractice Cover will need to be paid if you wish to proceed with the claim.